Erectile dysfunction (ED) is the most common sexual issue for which men seek a doctor’s attention, impacting up to 30 million men. ED is defined as trouble achieving an erection firm enough to have sexual intercourse. There are multiple known causes of erectile dysfunction, which fall into two categories: physical or psychological.
– There is not enough blood flow to the penis, which can be caused by health issues such as hardened arteries, heart disease, diabetes as well as lifestyle choices such as smoking.
– The penis is not receiving nerve signals from the brain or spinal cord, often due to certain diseases, injuries or surgery in the pelvic area.
– Certain medications for other health issues may interfere with maintaining an erection.
– Severe anxiety
– Relationship conflicts
– Stress at home or at work or due to social or religious conflicts
– Fear about sexual performance
Physical causes account for 90 percent of patients suffering from erectile dysfunction. Emotional causes are much less common, yet they can still cause serious issues that can worsen as time goes on. However, there are plenty of treatment options available for ED.
According to Maria Evans, our nurse practitioner, a man should seek treatment for the following reasons: if he is unable to achieve an erection more than 25 percent of the time, is experiencing self-esteem issues, is taking medication that may affect sexual experiences and/or if the situation fails to improve with changes.
Treatment at KC Wellness Center
At KC Wellness Center, our erectile dysfunction treatment helps to fully restore penile circulation and function. Our penile rejuvenation therapy is safe and clinically tested, and it provides lasting results. Call us today at (816) 214-5276 to schedule a free consultation or to find out if you are a candidate for our erectile dysfunction treatment.